Are Ceramic Mugs Good For Camping
Ceramic mugs are not the best choice for camping due to their low durability.
People do bring ceramic mugs to campsites because of their beautiful design plus their ability to retain heat.
But ceramic mugs ability to retain heat compared to insulated mugs are low. And due to the nature of the material, they tend to break more quickly than other mugs.
However, high-quality ceramic mugs tend to remain durable for a more extended period if kept with care.
They resist smell or flavor trapping so that you wont lose any flavor of your favorite drink. The best part is that they are easy to clean. Compared to glass, ceramic is a better option for camping as it has more thickness and resists heat and thermal changes.
So, if you want, you can use ceramic mugs for camping. However, in my opinion, you should opt for other material mugs. If you wanna know what kind of mugs retain heat the longest, you can take a look at my other article where I talk about it in detail.
Stanley Adventure Shortstack Travel
The first thing you notice about the Shortstack is that its a lot smaller than most camp mugs. It only holds eight ounces of coffee, which you might think is a minus, but hear me out: the Shortstack is badass because its small. It actually fits in cupholders and its light enough to be part of your everyday carry, which means you can kick the single-use cup habit. The two-piece lid system is a little cumbersome, but its truly leakproof, so you can put this mug in the bottle holder of your bike and not worry about spillage.
Stanley Legendary Camp Mug
Stanley is famous for its super-tough products, and the Legendary Camp Mug definitely meets the brands high standards of excellence. Its twelve-ounce size makes it the perfect portable mugitll fit into any bag easilyand its rugged enough to handle anything you and the great outdoors can throw at it. The double-wall vacuum insulation keeps your beverages hot for 90 minutes, cold for three hours, and iced for 15 hours. With its marvelously designed press-fit Tritan lid, youll never have to worry about splashing or spilling when drinking from this beast of a mug. Best of all, it comes with a lifetime warranty, so it really is the only camping coffee mug youll ever need.
Recommended Reading: Free Camping Near Coos Bay Oregon
Best Camping Coffee Mug Faq
When it comes to choosing which camping mug is the best to buy, you will have to decide which design and what features will best suit your needs. From the size to the style, there are elements to each camping mug design that can enhance your camping trip. The best camping mug will be durable to last throughout the years and consistently keep your beverages hot, so all you have to do is sip and enjoy.
Hydro Flask Coffee Flask
We love the sleek designs and bright, peppy colors offered by Hydro Flask.
The narrow Coffee Flask was actually our favorite design. It was the most comfortable to hold and fit the easiest into just about any cup holder it encountered.
With its completely closed thermos-style lid, this mug is fairly spill-proof. We managed to get a few drops to come out after literally shaking it upside down, but we didnt worry too much about spills while carrying it around in a bag or backpack.
It kept pace with the Hydro Flask Tumbler and Yeti Rambler in the heat retention tests, keeping drinks piping hot for a little over 7 hours.
It fared respectably, though not quite as well, at retaining ice.
We werent huge fans of the flip lid. Even though it latches all the way back, it still tends to bump you in the nose while you are drinking. We also found that liquid seemed to hang onto the tab and ended up getting on our noses.
That might sound like a minor nitpick, but after a couple hours of wiping coffee off of your face every other time you take a sip, it gets annoying.
Our annoyance with the lid was enough for us to bump this one down in the rankings. Otherwise this is a stylish, durable, and high-performing mug.
We liked the design and style of this mug, and enjoyed sipping our morning coffee from it.
However, its performance just didnt stack up with the other camping mugs we tested.
Recommended Reading: Best Camping In The South
Analysis And Test Results
For a lot of us, coffee is the best part of our morning ritual and a critical catalyst to starting the day off on the right foot. Coffee brewing is a personal process, and there are innumerable options and resources for brewing types and methods. From dark roasts to light roasts, espressos to pour-overs, plastic to stainless steelâ¦ decisions abound, and each one will change the flavor and overall enjoyment of your final cup. Read on to learn about some of the savviest brewers on the market, how easy they are to use and care for, how conducive each is for serving multiple people, and â most importantly â how deliciously they brew up that precious nectar of liquid black gold.
Stanley 12oz Titanium Camp Mug
The timeless & classic drinkware brand is going strong, delivering quality pieces since 1913. The latest for the Seattle-based brand is a three-piece Titanium drinkware set, which includes this 12oz vacuum insulated titanium camp mug, available in two sleek finishes. And with the titanium engineering comes a Titanium price tag. AND a lifetime warranty. Because Stanley doesn’t mess around. Like we always say: Buy Less, Invest! Price: $90 Capacity: 12oz / 350mlShop now
Read Also: Rv Camping Northern California Coast
Mr And Mrs Mugs Enamel Coated Stainless Steel Camping Mugs
- Mr and Mrs Mugs Enamel Coated Stainless Steel Camping Mugs are perfect for your next camping road trip. Unlike other enamels camping mugs, our mugs are made from stainless steel, which makes them lightweight.
- You dont have to worry about breaking our Enamel-coated, 16 oz cups because when youre in the middle of nowhere its smarter to be safe than sorry when someone spills their drink! Simply wipe it off with a damp cloth if needed. They come in lots of colors so there is something for everyone, whether you are looking for a red mug or blue mug!
- The Mr and Mrs Coffee Mug Set have a delicate vintage style to it, with smooth styles and intricate designs. It is perfect for couples that love each others company! The mugs can be personalized by choosing from our many font options and adding the design of your choice.
Snow Peak Double Wall 600 Cup
Weight: 145g / 5.1oz
Its lightweight, feels exceptionally decadent to drink out of, holds enough liquid to keep you hydrated for days, and is virtually bomb-proof. It also feels lovely to hold, and looks rather dashing, too! Whats not to love about this solid, double-wall vacuum insulated titanium camping mug? Well, the price. The Snow Peak Double Wall 600 Cup is most certainly not for the budget-conscious. But if you value long-lasting quality that will make every sip of your piping hot brew more enjoyable than the last then it is well worth the investment. The foldable handles make it highly packable and a superb option for lightweight backpacking.
It doesnt come with a lid, which can be a negative for some.
You May Like: Tent Camping Near Rocky Mountain National Park
What Is The Best Material For A Camping Coffee Mug
A camping coffee mug can be made out of various materials, but the most commonly used ones are silicone, stainless steel, plastic, and titanium. Though there are also glass mugs and cups available, we wouldnt recommend these. When camping, durability and packing weight are key factors to consider. Glass designs are heavier, and more prone to damage/shattering, than other lightweight and shatterproof materials such as titanium.
Its hard to pinpoint what is actually the best material for a camping coffee mug, as each has its unique characteristics.
Silicone and Stainless Steel
For example, silicone is ultralight, durable, and pliable. Its flexibility means its often used for collapsible mugs that take up minimum space in a daypack or gear pocket.
Stainless steel and titanium offer outstanding durability and are shatterproof. Stainless steel is often corrosion-proof, making it low-maintenance and suitable for all kinds of camping conditions. Some manufacturers give their stainless steel camping mugs a chic enamel coating. The enamel layer not only protects the steel against scratches or abrasions but also makes the mug more stylish and decorative. The result is functional cups that are both durable, and Instagram-worthy, with big gift-appeal for the camping lover in your life.
Titanium and Plastic
How To Choose The Best Camping Mug With Lid
If youâre a camping and coffee addict, then youâve probably spent years on the search for the best camping mug with lid. Well, good news. All of those efforts will end right today! Because here, we have some great tips on choosing a stainless steel camping mug.
Weâve asked many seasoned campers and consulted with several experts, what exactly to expect from the ideal double wall camping mug. And as a result, weve come up with some interesting insights. So, without further ado, here are three factors you should consider when choosing a camping mug with lid.
You May Like: Dispersed Camping Near Grand Canyon
The Best Camp Coffee Makers: Our Favorite Ways To Brew Coffee While Camping
This post may contain affiliate links.
A good cup of camp coffee, surrounded by pines and crisp mountain air, is one of lifes greatest pleasures. From instant to stovetop espresso, were sharing all the different ways to brew a great cup of coffee while camping.
Coffee. Sweet, sweet coffee. The lifeblood of outdoor adventurers and campers everywhere. While we are willing to forgo a great many things while camping, a good cup of coffee is not one of them. Thankfully, there are plenty of ways to enjoy a good brew in the wild.
In this post, we highlight a few of the many, many ways to make coffee while camping. We share different brewing methods, favorite camp coffee makers, and some helpful accessories. By the time youre done reading this, youll be all set to make the best cup of camping coffee on your next adventure.
Adventurist Stainless Steel Camping Coffee Mug With Folding Carabiner Handle Lightweight Stainless Steel Camping Cup For Camp Survival Cooking Gear Portable Hiking And Backpacking Mug 135oz
- FOOD-GRADE, STAINLESS STEEL: Durable high-quality stainless steel construction protects against rust and wear.
- VERSATILE SINGLE WALL DESIGN: Adaptable as a metal camping cup or cooking pot for direct use on a camping stove, this camp cup is perfect for coffee, hot chocolate, soup, oatmeal or boiling water.
- LOCKABLE FOLDING CARABINER CLIP: The carabiner handle can be folded to save backpack space and the reinforced design allows it to be securely fixed in the middle position without shaking.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE: Metal camping coffee cups can be used for various outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, fishing and backpacking.
- A STEEL OF A DEAL: We know that camping is better with friends, so we offer this awesome deal to you Buy 5 of our stainless steel camping mugs and well give you the 5th mug free! Savings will be applied at checkout.
Don’t Miss: Camping On Blm Land Wyoming
Gsi Outdoors Collapsible Fairshare Mug
When it comes to utility, it doesnt get much better than collapsible dishes that stow flat and pop up to accommodate foods and beverages. This collapsible cutie in polypropylene holds up to 22 fluid ounces when popped and features a folding handle that locks into two positions for eating and drinking versus measuring and scooping. The screw-top, sealing lid keeps contents in and pests out and its great for rehydrating meals.
Best Coffee Mug For Camping
Most of us cant start the day until weve had a cup of coffee, so its nice to know that we can still enjoy lifes simplest pleasures thanks to the existence of camping coffee mugs.
We did some research to bring you comprehensive reviews of the best camping coffee mugs on the market so that its easier for you to find one that works for you, whether youre going backpacking, fishing, or simply camping.
Don’t Miss: Secret Camping Spots In Southern California
Best Insulated Camping Mug: Stanley Classic One Hand Vacuum Mug
We love that Stanley kept their iconic design and classic olive green color. This mug looks and feels bomb-proof.
When it comes to insulation, the One Hand Vacuum Mug blew the competition right out of the water.
In our heat retention test, it took this beast over 11 hours to drop from boiling down to 120 degrees almost 3 hours longer than the next in line.
It fared almost as well in our ice tests, with 3.7 oz of ice left after 28 hours at room temperature.
A full two days later, there were still a few small chunks of ice knocking around. This was also the only mug we tested that was completely spill-proof.
So why wasnt it our Top Pick?
Our issue with this mug was the lid. The design requires that you push a button on the side of the lid, which activates a spring mechanism that lowers a small foam tab, allowing liquid to flow out.
To drink, you have to hold the mug at the top and keep the button depressed. This comes down to personal preference, and we were split between not minding it and finding it awkward to drink out of.
The lid is by far the most complex mechanism of any that we tested, and other reviewers have had issues with one of the many moving pieces breaking after a few weeks or months of use.
While we personally didnt experience this, we could certainly see it being an issue.
Paracity Insulated Coffee Mug Stainless Steel Coffee Mug With Lid Handle Double Wall Vacuum Travel Mug Camping Tumbler Cup Men Women 12 Oz
- Solid and Durable material: Personalized coffee mug is made of five layers of safety materials, making the water cup more durable and warmer.
- Well-built Sliding Lid: Push-pull design of one-handed allows you to drink water without opening the lid and avoid causing temperature loss.
- Simple and Elegant Design: The surface of water cup is made of pearlescent environmentally friendly paint.
- Light and Good Gift: This reusable coffee cup has perfect dimensions to carry your favourite drink hot or cold.
- Package include: 1*Coffee Mug.
How To Choose The Best Camping Coffee Mug
- First, our algorithms collected as much information available about these products from trusted sources.
- We employed both Artificial Intelligence and large data volume to validate all collected information.
- Then our AI ranked them on their quality-to-price ratio using industry-standard criteria that let us pick the best Camping Coffee Mug currently on the market!
Read Also: Camping Near Cherokee National Forest
Hydro Flask 10 Ounce Wine Tumbler
Yes, we know this isnt technically a coffee mug, but the Hydro Flask insulation is just as strong with this as it is with water bottles. The honeycomb insulation keeps cold beverages at just the right temperature, and the BPA-free design means you dont have to waste a second thought on the goblet. Stainless steel construction means your wine, er coffee, wont taste any different. Plus, the 10-ounce tumbler comes in seven colors with a lifetime guarantee.
Sunwill 14 Oz Coffee Mug
- Vacuum Insulated Technology: Sunwill coffee mugs are with double walled vacuum insulation technology, keeping your favorite beverages hot for 3+ hours and cold for 9+ hours.
- Powder Coated Premium 18/8 Stainless Steel: The insulated coffee mug is made from premium 304 food Grade stainless steel, never rust, lead free, easy wash and unbreakable.
- BPA Free Press-in Lid: The eco-friendly lid is completely BPA free silica gasket seals to achieve maximum spill proof capability.
- Comfortable Handle: Full loop designs fit mitts fully, making it the great outdoor camping mug and the coffee mug in the office as well.
Read Also: Portable Invisible Dog Fence For Camping
Gsi Outdoors Fairshare Mug Ii
The GSI Outdoors Fairshare Mug II is the camp-ready cup with a secure spill-proof screw-on lid for reliable insulation. If youre really having a rough morning, it can hold a full 32 oz of coffee or any other drink of your choice to get you warmed up. It also has measurement markings, a cloth-wrapped foam sleeve, and an attached carabiner clip-in point, allowing you to hook it on to your backpack.
Adventure Enamel Camping Mug
- The 16oz Adventure Enamel Camping Mug is ready to knock out any caffeine jitter or hunger pangs with its super large size and beautiful hand-painted design. Its even designed not only as a klutzy campsites best friend but also as an awesome beer mug!
- If youre hoping to live life on the edge, here are some gifts that are sure to spice up your next adventure. The Adventure Enamel Camping Mug is perfect for any lover of big adventures or coffee lovers! Sturdy and stylish, the 16oz enamel camping mug is ready for anything.
- Its thicker so it can hold more liquid than traditional mugs- which means fewer refills at Starbucks! With two different designs, this mug makes an awesome his and hers gift or cozy Christmas gift for that adventurer in your life- just dont forget a set of coasters too.
Recommended Reading: Camping World In San Antonio