The Best Camping Coolers: Soft Coolers
Soft coolers, or cooler bags are an excellent choice for shorter trips and when you need to haul your chilled food and drinks a little further than just from your car to the tent. They are much lighter than hard shell chest coolers and are also easier to store when theyre not being used. If you dont live in a super hot climate or tend not to spend more than a couple of days at a time camping out, then soft coolers are well worth looking at. They are also a fair bit cheaper than their hard shell cousins so are not such a huge investment.
Best Water Cooler Dispensers Of : Reviews & Buying Guide
When I finally decided last year to lose some weight to improve my health, both my doctor and my trainer insisted that I drink more water. A lot more water. But buying bottled water can become expensive and wasnt necessarily convenient if I didnt have the time to go shopping.
That was, until the day that the water cooler in my office gave me the idea to purchase my very own. So off I went to look for the best water coolers.
Its really quite amazing how many choices are available. You can choose from among top-loading, portable, bottomloading and even a point of use type connected directly to your water source so it doesnt require refilling.
Whatever your specific needs are, there is a choice for you. Go through this page and see which of our reviewed units fits your needs the most.
Avalons Premium A1CTWTRCLRBLK provides both hot and cold water for your every need. The waterspouts are paddle styled to give you the maximum convenience when drawing water. The great features of this countertop freestanding cooler are that it has the qualities of a high-end water dispenser and a child safety lock on the hot water tap making it a worry-free appliance for families with small children.
This unit is UL/Energy Star Approved, which indicates that it has met all security standards.
The hot and cold light indicators turn on or off depending if the unit is actively operating to heat or cool the water and not because the desired temperature has been reached.
Best Cooler For Ice Retention: Yeti Tundra 65
- Available in a wide variety of colors including signature seasonal colors
- Higher priced than most
Yeti burst on the cooler scene fifteen years ago with the original roto-molded coolers and has been producing an amazing product ever since. The Yeti Tundra 65 is the perfect size cooler to go anywhere and do anything making it the best cooler for ice retention. When it comes to camping its a bulletproof option that holds ice for days on end. I put this cooler through the wringer on a recent fishing expedition. There is no shortage of nature in the Everglades but there is a shortage of ice. Once you pass a certain point, civilization can be hours away and I knew I needed my food and catch to stay cold for the days ahead. The Tundra performed flawlessly, keeping ice for the entire week-long trip, and is built tough to withstand the abuse a camping fisherman will throw at it.
Read Also: Camping Near Mt Mansfield Vt
The Igloo Ice Cube Roller Cooler
With its ergonomic cube design, The igloo ice cube roller is definitely one of the leading coolers when it comes to handling and flexibility and considered as the best camping cooler for the money.
The body is made using high quality insulated material making it reflect heat quite nicely and helps keeps everything ice cold.
Both the wheels and the tow handle are reinforced and durable + Has a Push button and locking telescopic mechanism for the handle.
Features molded side scoop handles making it easier to load and unload stuff and offers a nice way to transport the cooler when full.
Even though the cooler can only carry up to 60 quartz it is still a really good buy for people who are going on a weekend trip and arent looking to camp for a long period of time.
- Carry up to 60 Quartz.
- Compact design and easy to clean.
- Affordable Price.
Choosing The Right Water Jug Cooler Size Buyers Guide
So far this review has pointed out the best insulated water jug coolers at different sizes, but it hasnt really said anything about how to decide which size is best for you.
Well, dont worry about it, weve got you sorted!
To start with, a water jug cooler is an insulated beverage container that is designed to keep your beverages hot or cold for extended durations regardless of the temperature in the surrounding environment.
Some of them are designed to only keep beverages cold, rather than warm, while others are designed to take both food and drinks.
Ultimately, the defining factor here is that water jug coolers are larger than insulated water bottles but smaller than hard sided coolers in capacity.
Their thermal retention capabilities are also halfway between the two.
You May Like: Extra Large Family Camping Tents
Key Considerations For Camping Water Jugs
Here are some of the most important features to consider when buying a camping water jug:
- Container Shape/Portability. The shape of the container might not seem too important but it will directly impact how easy it is to fit in your truck. Thinner, more rectangular jerry can-style containers tend to be easier to pack and stack in a car. Additionally, collapsible containers will be your most portable option for either car camping or backpacking.
- Durability/Structural Quality. No one wants to buy a water container only to have it leak after a few uses. Hard-sided containers made from thick military spec plastic will be the most durable, but extra-thick collapsible models are a close second.
- Price. Price is always a factor when buying gear, but in the world of water containers, theres quite a range of different price points to choose from. Collapsible containers tend to be the most affordable options while super durable hard-sided models are often quite pricey.
Amazoncommercial Rotomolded 5 Gallon Water Cooler
- This product was previously sold as Super Handy and now as AmazonCommercial
- Roto-molded beverage cooler and dispenser ideal for camping, recreation, job sites, events, and more provides excellent ice retention up to 3-5 days or longer .
- Highly durable roto-molding manufacturing process outperforms traditional coolers 3 inch thick, commercial-grade insulation, all-around UV protective shell, and a high weight-resistance food-grade safe and dry ice compatible.
- Recessed, zero-leak, drip-resistant faucet for directly filling cups and bottles sealable and air tight.
- Commercial-grade 360° D-seal 15mm gasket effectively traps in cold air includes molded tie-down slats for secure transport, and a lock-in-place ergonomic steel handle with impact-absorbing grips.
- Dual built-in stainless steel lock-plate bottle openers, non-skid feet, and low-profile snag-less TPE T-clasp latches for reliable, secure closure.
- 5 Gallon/20 quart/18.
You May Like: Camping World In Grand Rapids
Cabelas Polar Cap Cooler
Cabelas offers a high-end cooler with many of the same features as more expensive brands. Although their Polar Cap Cooler is not the least expensive cooler on the list, it does cost around 15% less than other similar coolers and is another sound Yeti cooler alternative. The exterior of the cooler is durable enough to qualify as certified bear resistant and the interior is dry ice compatible. If you do opt to use regular ice, draining the cooler is made easy with a drain cap that comes off entirely.
Find the latest price on:
Sursip One Gallon Vacuum Insulated Jug
The water cooler jug by Sursip is one of the best water cooler jugs that weve reviewed after such a long time. This exceptional jug comes with a large indispensable capacity to ensure comfortable packing of the jug between sips while eliminating the need to worry about the jugs exterior state of dryness. This jug has screw cap locks in its dock for easy drinking or pouring water. Moreover, it has a thickened, air-tight seal lid that prevents the jug from any kind of leakage. Also, youll enjoy easy and comfortable transportation of the jug due to its vacuum thermos insulation. This jug is made of stainless steel thermos and is ideal for those who love hiking, camping, traveling on roads, etc.
- The large-capacity water cooler jug is indispensable and can also be used to store ice all during traveling.
- It ensures screw cap locks in its dock for easy drinking or pouring water.
- It has a thickened, air-tight seal lid that prevents the jug from any kind of leakage.
- Its double-wall vacuum insulation allows you to carry and transport this jug easily.
- Its made of premium-quality stainless steel thermos, and its ideal for traveling, hiking, camping, etc.
- It may not be as durable as other water cooler jugs.
Also Check: Camping Near Klamath Falls Oregon
Comparison Chart For Best Water Cooler Camping
Water Cooler Camping
- Sturdy swing up handle for convenient carrying (has a spigot in the base
- Cool Riser Technology improves cooling performance
- Dimensions 11in L x 10in W x 14in H
- Sturdy swing up handle for convenient carrying
- Cool Riser Technology improves cooling performance by minimizing surface contact and allowing under cooler air flow and is fully insulated, keeping contents cold for extended time periods.
- Wide mouth opening and easy grip lid make filling, cleaning, opening and closing convenient.
- Lid vent ensures liquids flow freely through spigot while recessed, double gasketed spigot and gasketed lid help with leak and spill free use.
- Dimensions 11in L x 10in W x 14in H
Water Cooler Camping Buying Guide
- First, our algorithms collected as much information available about these products from trusted sources.
- We employed both Artificial Intelligence and large data volume to validate all collected information.
- Then our AI ranked them on their quality-to-price ratio using industry-standard criteria that let us pick the best Water Cooler Camping currently on the market!
Also Check: Gift Ideas For Camping Lovers
Avalon A4blwtrclr Bottom Loading 3/5 Gallon Bottle
This machine features a beautifully designed cabinet in stainless steel with settings for three temperatures so you can personalize your drinking preferences. These include piping hot water, room temperature water, and cold water. It fits well into any home kitchen space and boasts a built-in nightlight that allows you to get a drink of water easily in the middle of the night.
The stainless steel cabinet features bottom loading to facilitate replenishing your water supply without any heavy lifting or unnecessary strain and to avoid spills during water installation or replacement. This water cooler is compatible for use with water bottles that are 3 gallons or 5 gallons.
It also has a safety lock designed specifically with children in mind on the hot water faucet, making it a worry-free appliance for families with small children.
The spouts feature easy-to-use push buttons making water supply convenient. Simply push the button of choice for your preferred water temperature and place your bottle or cup under the appropriate faucet. The cold water is approximately 47° F while the hot water allows you to prepare tea, coffee or other hot beverages at approximately 185°F. Room temperature water is also an option.
- Light indicator for bottle replacement
- Some reported problems with the water pump
- Some difficulties in pushing the buttons
Spigots And Leak Points
Some camping containers come with spigots and others do not. Either way, youll want a proper seal. Anything with a rubber gasket seal is going to be less prone to leaks than a standard plastic cap. Youll want to make sure that theres a rubber gasket seal on every opening of the container.
Also pay attention to where the spigot is located. Spigots on the side of the container are great for pouring but they can also leave a mess in your trunk if not properly closed.
Also Check: Camping World Near Miami Fl
Things To Consider Before Buying A Camping Cooler
Many people are apprehensive when it comes to buying a quality camping cooler and rightfully so, its a lot of money to spend especially if youre not quite sure what you want. What style of camping do you enjoy? Is weight a major concern? How long do you plan to be out there? A good camping cooler should fit all these criteria and more. Figuring out these simple things can put you on the right path to make a good investment in the best coolers for camping that are worthy of every penny you spend.
Best Water Jugs/drink Dispensers To Keep Everyone Hydrated
Having a large water jug or drink dispenser is a great solution for keeping everyone hydrated at your work place, your parties or the local sports game.
But which of the different options out there is the best water jug and worth you investing your money into?
Should you go for the budget option and buy something that is cheap but isnt as durable or should you go for a more expensive option that will keep drinks cooler longer and be almost indestructible.
This list of the best drink dispensers has a mixture of budget, expensive and middle ground options. Ill highlight some of the key features of each as well as anything important I feel you should know about them .
Where Ive done individual reviews Ill link to them if you want to read further and Ill also link to these products on Amazon/Walmart using my affiliate links. So if you use those links to buy your water cooler I thank you
So here are the 10 best water jugs:
Also Check: Camping World Good Sam Membership
Giantex 5 Gallon Water Cooler
Giantex Water Cooler Dispenser comes with a simple and multi-functional design that fits in any occasion keeping a low profile with an aesthetic and elegant look. This cooler is a perfect gadget for both personal and professional uses. The ergonomic design helps the users get water effortlessly within a second. One should consider installing this one due to the convenience and comfort it offers.
This water cooler dispenser has options for both hot and normal temperature water. The normal temperature water ranges from 6 to 10 degree Celsius. We got this cooler very effective as it can contain almost 3.5L of normal water. Simultaneously, it has a compartment to carry 1L of hot water.
The heating temperature is 88-95 degree Celsius, but you dont have to worry about burning your hand as it comes with a child lock protection.
We found it very easy to operate by using the red and green buttons dedicated to turn on and off the cooling and heating process. You will not accidentally switch on or off the buttons due to the visible and lucid design. Moreover, it is easy to disassemble, maintain and clean these coolers.
This Giantex Top Loading Water Cooler Dispenser has an anti-dust mite feature to ensure the optimal hygiene and safety for your health.
- Cold water isnt ice-cold
We recommend you to buy this cooler if you arent so much obsessed with ice-cold water.
Affordable Water Coolers For Camping
The 3 cheapest water coolers for camping we found in our search were: The Pool, Coleman 1 Gallon Beverage Cooler, and Stanley Adventure Camp Cook Set – 24oz. The cheapest option is The Pool which can be found at Amazon.com
- Country Of Origin : United States
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 15 Inches
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 20 Inches
- The Package Width Of The Product Is 15 Inches
- Brand: Coleman
- IDEAL OUTDOOR ACCESSORIES: The Stanley cook kit is perfect for outdoor cooking for hot meals, coffee, or boiling water Our cooking pots come with a vented top to let steam escape or strain liquid This is a great survival supplies gift too
- VERSATILE HANDLE: We designed the handle to provide maximum comfort and stability while it’s on the stove The locking handle extends for stable cooking but folds over the lid to save space with the rest of your gear
- DURABLE AND BPA-FREE: The kettle / coffee maker is constructed with 18/8 stainless steel and features two insulated portable 10oz/295mL tumblers to enjoy hot and cold beverages The entire kit is made with BPA free materials
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: The stovetop mess kit with cups loaded weighs 13 9oz and empty itâs only 7 8oz which makes it travel and backpack friendly The kettle has graduated marks going up to 20oz
- Brand: Stanley
You May Like: Portable Directv Dish For Camping
Why You Should Trust Us
This review is the brainchild of a team of testers, lead by Senior Review Editor, Maggie Brandenburg. Maggie has been playing and guiding in the outdoors for over fifteen years, from backpacking the Tahoe Rim Trail to kayaking the Caribbean. She is an avid camper and even lived in her teardrop trailer for several seasons. She spent eight years at Iowa State University completing two science degrees and teaching numerous college science courses, so she has a comprehensive understanding of the importance of rigorous and scientific testing processes. Maggie doesn’t underestimate a great cooler’s value, whether it’s for off-grid living, celebratory summit beers, road trips, or backyard barbecues. She ropes in friends and family to her testing to gain perspectives from all ages and abilities. Our testing team also includes Max Mutter and Steven Tata. Max spends most springs harvesting maple syrup at a remote tree farm and relies on ice chests to keep that perfect amber elixir from spoiling. Steven has spent numerous months living and climbing in Yosemite National Park, where he lacks a fridge instead, he stores all of his food in a cooler, working to keep it safe from the hundreds of black bears that call the park home. Maggie, a trained scientist, put her head together with Steven, a mechanical engineer, to design our detailed, intensive insulation testing process.
Related:How We Tested Coolers