Soundasleep 500 Pound Capacity Air Bed Review
The high quality Big Mans camping bed by Sound Asleep boasts an impressive 500 lbs weight capacity. While the weight limit is quite desirable, this air mattress has the lot if you ask me. Starting with the soft yet thick flocked top which Ive found to be unbelievably comfortable. I think it may be the type of bed where you lay down once and before you know it, its morning.
When fully inflated this bed is raised 19 inches from ground level which I believe is sufficient for us large folk. So getting up from a good nights rest is no longer a 2 person job from the ground floor. Whats more incredible about this camp bed is its comfort level.
I think SoundAsleep have the upper hand on the competition with the innovative comfort coil technology. The mattress is compiled of 40 odd air coils spread evenly throughout the bed. The air coil pockets are meant to create an evenly balanced sleeping surface.
These air pockets are like vertical beams supporting your entire body. Many old school airbeds use the old horizontal formation. The horizontal beams tend to bubble and warp out of shape.
But not with the vertical style of air support. They create a much more supportive foundation, even when you sit on the edge of the bed you dont sag down to the ground. These are the ingredients for a super comfortable camping bed.
What Makes The Intex Stand Out
- The Fiber-Tech construction provides the air mattress with extra durability and should prevent leakage and popping for a good amount of time.
- It has a special edge support system which is perfect for sleeping with partners, friends, or family.
- The Intex Air Mattress is a comfortable and quality product that is sold for a very affordable price.
What Do You Sleep On When Camping
No two camping experiences are alike. Some camping adventures are intense backpacking trips through mountain ranges while others are at a family campsite with amenities to enjoy the great outdoors. What type of camping trip youre on determines what you should sleep on.
For more rugged camping trips, you could sleep on a tarp or a mattress pad, so long as you have a sleeping bag to go on top of it. Its not advisable to sleep on the bare ground. If you have more space, you could bring a bulkier mattress mat or, for optimal comfort, an air mattress. Camping air mattresses will take up a lot of space, but they are one of the most comfortable options.
Also Check: First Come First Serve Camping Utah
Best Memory Foam Camping Mattress Available In 2022
From the moment you lie down until you rise every Memory Foam Camping Mattress.
We would recommend using Willpo Memory Foam Camping Mattress 24 72 2 3/8 Portable Comfortable Outdoor Indoor Hiking Backpacking Compact Thick Sleeping Pad Floor Guest Bed Lightweight Car Camp Tent Mattress Travel Bag as it is available at a reasonable price.
Memory foam camping mattresses are lightweight, easy to store and handle.
The thick layer of memory foam contours your body for maximum support without the bulkiness you might find in traditional air mattresses.
They also have a waterproof coating that makes them ideal for outdoor use because they can be easily cleaned when needed.
If this sounds like something youve been looking for, check out our selection of affordable options today!
Willpo Memory Foam Portable Camping Mattress
What We Liked: Portable is the best word to describe this versatile camping mattress. It rolls up with ease and has a built-in carry handle, so you can take it just about anywhere. The mattress is made from a comfortable memory foam and comes with Velcro connectors to attach more than one mattress together.
You May Like: Camping In California In December
Is Sleeping Near The Floor Safe
When you sleep, the force you put on it is evenly distributed. But what if you sleep close to the floor?
That means half of your beds weight is being supported by the floor, which can cause apparent issues.
But is sleeping close to the floor safe? It depends. Mattresses have restricted durability, and sleeping on them in a certain way can cause them to become uneven, leading to a back issue.
This issue can be exacerbated if you sleep close to the floor.
Teton Xxl 600 Lb Camping Cot Review
Teton Sports have produced one mammoth of a camping cot, this thing has a huge weight capacity of 600 pounds. Its even a little bigger then a twin size bed. The support system on this cot is ultra heavy duty which uses a patented reinforced steel frame.
This design makes setting up and dismantling this cot super easy , plus very strong. Which is a great advantage over the typical air mattress as it requires no power source to pump it up.
Is the Teton XXL Cot comfortable enough as is?. With the addition of a sleeping bag, this strong canvas cot should be sufficient for most people. However for those that like the extra padding, Teton Sports have a XXL camping mat which compliments this big cot.
As for measurements, this camping cot sits at 19 inches from ground level. It measures in at 40 inches wide and has a length of 85 inches, which makes it a good option for the big and tall.
Overall this is one great camping bed for large people and even families. Its very heavy duty and stable. So much so you could even sit on the end of the cot as a chair and it shouldnt tip over and shouldnt make too many squeaking sounds. Its one heck of a big and strong cot for us bigger guys which I highly recommend.
You May Like: Camping Near Great Sand Dunes National Park
Best For Easy Storage: Willpo Sleeping Pad
We know from years of feedback from readers, amazon sellers, and family and friends what most people want in a convenient and appropriate mattress. The product is exactly that its a simple product that hits all the right notes. The Willpo Sleeping Pad is made to be worth the money, is designed to be worth every penny, It is easy to fold and has a lightweight design. The Manufacturer says: About Willpo Willpo is specialized in designing and manufacturing various outdoor gear, Our mission is to make each item as comfortable and love as much as possible. Also, the mattress has more possibilities. It is comfortable enough and has a portable design.
The mattress is made for non-slip, it is super comfortable and has a comfortable design. Above all, the willpo sleeping pad is perfect for light weight, It is great for customer service and has a convenient design.
Most customers opine that the mattress features an easy-to-roll-up strap and clip, a free travel bag, making you to either storage it, which is perfect for couples, families and groups. Moreover, they also found that the foam will be kicking around the planet for a loooong time. Moreover, they also found that the mattress comes with a sturdy bag that has an adjustable cross-chest strap as well as two backpack type straps. Overall, most buyers agree that the mattress suits them best, and no one questions it.
Top Customer Quotes:
Willpo Certipur Us Memory Foam Camping Mattress
When it comes to comfortable camping mattresses, there are various factors you need to consider. You want something comfortable that will keep you warm and durable enough to last through multiple trips. If youre looking for a quality camping mattress option, the Willpo Certipur US Memory Foam Camping Mattress may be perfect for you.
This mattress features Certipur-US certified memory foam that is both comfortable and supportive. It also comes with an effective built-in pump for easy inflation and deflation, making it perfect for on-the-go camping trips. Another best memory foam mattress for car camping is Willpo Certipur US Memory Foam Camping Mattress
Plus, the mattress is waterproof and stain-resistant, making it ideal for any outdoor excursion. Order your Willpo Certipur US Memory Foam Camping Mattress today and enjoy a good nights sleep while camping!
You May Like: California State Beach Camping Reservations
How Can I Make My Tent More Comfortable
You can make your tent more comfortable by buying sleep gear designed for camping. Air mattresses, camping pillows, and other sleeping accessories can improve your experience sleeping in a tent. Placing your tent on a flat surface instead of a rocky or uneven one can also make your tent more comfortable.
Best For Customer Service: Willpo Camping Mat
Compared with other products by Willpo, the Willpo Camping Mat has a convenient design. The willpo camping mat is easy to transport, suitable for comfortable sleep, It is worth the money and has a convenient design. Make the memoryfoam campingmattress e your favorite piece of camp gear to unplug, unwind and spend more time with nature, family, and friends by improving the quality of your life. And, this is used for road trips, It is pretty comfy and has a comfortable design.
Above all, the willpo camping mat is used for side back sleepers, It is great for customer service and has a durable design.
Almost all customers agree that the mattress is much better than those inflatable mattresses and it does not occupy much space in the vehicle. Moreover, a few also found that the mattress is designed for slightly hard floor or tiles.with 19d rebound sponge for great resilience, granting you constant support to get your body well rested. Moreover, they strongly agree that this mat comes covered with a smooth, luxurious feeling cover. To sum up, buyers found this to be one of the best mattresss for daily purposes.
Top Customer Quotes:
- This does arrive air sealed and also it is pretty warm at night.
- This is good for at home, but way too bulky for camping.
- This is factory vacuum sealed and has held its shape very well.
- This fits conveniently perfectly as a car bed.
Users Of This Product Said
The edge of the mattress will not lay flat due to the cover not fitting, that is a huge deal, but is still something to note, considering its $100.
The bags are large enough for packing and the mattresses were dry when we packed them in the back of a truck.
I bought the small single version because it’s the perfect size for my car and it has added support under the head.
We were very comfortable sleeping in this set up and we were able to move from one campground to another.
These mattresses seem to be too hot for us, so we decided to stay in our tents, but they are a great solution for us who can’t sleep on cold ground but aren’t ready to give up our tents for motels or an RV.
The Best Roll Up Mattress For Camping
If youre looking for a new roll-up mattress that will be easy to pack and travel with, we have just the right one.
Our Camping Roll Up Mattress comes in different sizes, so its perfect for any camper or backpacker on the go.
It is lightweight enough to carry with ease yet sturdy enough for your needs at campgrounds, backpacking trips, military tents-you name it!
With this camping essential under your belt, no matter where life takes you next, youll always be able to find some comfortable sleep time wherever there are trees nearby.
Give us a call today if you want more information about our products or would like help finding what best suits your needs!
Recommended Reading: Where Can I Go Camping In Florida
Difference Between The Sleeping Pad And Sleeping Bag
A Sleeping bag is an insulated tube-like quilt covering a person, that can be closed with a zipper or buttons. Sleeping bags are made of ripstop nylon or polyester and treated with water repellent chemicals. While sleeping pads are usually used in conjunction with sleeping bags to provide thermal insulation. Pads look like a mattress and dont cover a person like sleeping bags.
Both sleeping and sleeping bags are lightweight and compact when packed therefore, they are common among hikers and backpackers.
Mattresses For Sleeping In Your Car
When weighing the different factors, the following are the options I considered when picking a mattress for sleeping in a car and will be talking about in this post:
- Inflatable Car or Truck Mattresses
- Small Mattresses for RVs and Professional Truck Drivers
- Upholstery Foam
- Small Folding Memory Foam Mattresses
- Camping Air Pads
- Camping Inflating Open-Air Foam Pads
Inflatable Car or Truck Mattresses
Google mattress for car and youll probably find one of these babies. These inflatable mattresses often include inflatable blocks specifically designed to fit into footwells and provide support across the entire back seat area of your car.
Why you might want an inflatable car or truck mattress for sleeping in your car:
- Theyre SUPER cheap
- Theyre made for purpose, so in theory they should fit better than other options.
- You dont need to build a bed frame to offer support
- Theyre waterproof
Why you might NOT want an inflatable car or truck mattress for sleeping in your car:
- If youre car camping, youre going to want to use spaces such as footwells for storage
- Since theyre filled with air, theyre going to have extremely low insulation and will get very cold at night in the winter.
- Durability on these things is low and theyll definitely deflate overnight
- You absolutely need to buy an electric mattress pump
- Air mattresses like this squeak a lot when you move and smell strongly of plastic
Best options for inflatable car or truck mattresses:
Best options for small mattresses:
Read Also: Best Discount Camping Gear Sites
The Camping Mattress Buying Guide
- Check the size of the camping mattress before you buy. You can get a mattress in a childs size, as well as a single, twin or queen size. You may want to measure your tent first to ensure that the mattress you purchase fits properly.
- If your mattress needs to be inflated, make sure you inflate it inside the tent. While you can inflate it outside of the tent, chances are it wont fit through your tents front door.
- Look for a mattress that comes with a removable cover that you can clean in your washing machine. If it doesnt have one, you can always purchase one separately, as this is the best way to protect the mattress from becoming soiled.
- Should you opt to use a sleeping bag on top of your camping mattress, keep in mind that they are rated for different temperatures. You want to get a sleeping bag that matches the climate youll be camping in. Lighter sleeping bags are better for summer months, while thick bags that are heavily insulated are best for fall and winter trips.
- When not in use, store your camping mattress in a cool, dry location.
- Camping mattresses are available in a wide range of prices, as they come in a variety of construction materials and include different features.
Kiss The Water Memory Foam Camping Mattress Twin/75x 38x 3” Memory Foam Floor Mattress Roll Up Portable Lightweight Sleep Mat Pad With Waterproof Cover & Travel Bag Brown
as of June 8, 2022 12:12 am
- OPTIMAL COMBINATION: 3 inch Full Size Foam Mattress is designed with two layers all-foam system, including memory foam and high density base support foam. It comes with a soft cover that is removable and washable for your convenience.
- WATERPROOF & NON-SLIP: With upgrade waterproof and anti-slip design, this sleeping pad perfectly limit air movement and heat loss when outdoor camping. Made of camping-grade waterproof Flannel+nonslip fabricl, this camping sleeping mat is high warmth preserving, puncture-resistant, waterproof, damp proof.
- CONVENIENT TO STORE & CLEAN: Durable high quality zipper & backpack fold up in seconds for effortless storage & travel. It can be machine washed below 30 degrees, dried at low temperature, and will not fade and shed.
- BACKPACK FRIENDLY: There is a buckle on the portable memory foam camping mattress’s back, which can be fixed with a buckle when it is rolled. There are also Velcro on the corners of the sheets, which can be used to stitch together multiple sleeping pads.
- APPLICABLE PLACES: The memory foam camping mattress can be used for outdoor use, hiking, traveling, overnight in a car, climbing, camping, swimming pool, barbecue, park, flat, beach, etc., as well as disaster prevention measures! It can also be used as a simple bed for guests who suddenly move in!
Recommended Reading: Kijaro Xxl Dual Lock Portable Camping And Sports Chair
Alaska Bear Sleep Mask
The Alaska Bear Sleep Mask was made for traveling and for blocking out light. Its compact, adjustable size makes it easy to pack for a camping trip and to adjust for many different sizes of people.
Since its made of a Mulberry silk, it feels particularly nice against the skin.
Secondly, this sleep mask is a good match for any sleep position. Whether you sleep on your back, stomach, or side, this mask will stay snug on your face.