Every Kid Outdoors: 4th Graders
4th graders for the 2021-2022 School Year. To get this benefit, 4th Graders must go to the Every Kid Outdoors website at everykidoutdoors.gov click on the Get Your Pass icon at the top of the screen to get your free voucher. Complete the request, print the 4th grade voucher, and present the voucher to a ranger before entering a site or simply leave it face up on the dashboard at unstaffed sites.
The 4th grade voucher currently covers entrance fees and standard amenity/day use fees for lands and waters managed by the Department of the Interior, USDA Forest Service and US Army Corps of Engineers. It does not cover expanded amenity fees like camping, tours, special recreation permits etc., or organized groups or concession-operated facilities or activities.
- Available to U.S. 4th graders who present a valid Every Kid Outdoors paper pass.
- Valid for the duration of the school year through the following summer .
- Honored nationwide at Forest Service, National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, and US Fish & Wildlife Service sites charging entrance or standard amenity fees.
- Admits pass holder and any accompanying passengers in a private non-commercial vehicle.
- At per-person fee sites, admits pass holder and up to 3 people who are 16 and older . Anyone 15 and younger is free of charge.
Educators can also be involved! Learn more at Every Kid Outdoors.
What Are The Discount Guidelines
The pass program is managed by six Federal agencies that operate under different regulations and have different fees. Therefore, the discount program for the Senior Pass is not handled in the same way on all Federal recreation lands.
In general discounts are honored as follows
- Individual Campsites: The discount only applies to the fee for the campsite physically occupied by the pass owner, not to any additional campsite occupied by members of the pass owner’s party.
- Campsites with Utility Hookups: If utility fees are charged separately, there is no discount. The discount may apply if the utility fee is combined with the campsite fee.
- Group Campsites and Facilities: : There is no discount for group campsites and other group facilities that charge a flat fee. If the group campsite has a per person fee rate, only the pass owner receives a discount others using the site pay the full fee.
- Guided Tours: The pass offers discounts on some guided tours. Only the pass owner receives a discount if one is offered.
- Transportation Systems:
~ Overview Of The Senior Pass ~
1. Where can I get a Senior Pass?
You can buy a Senior Pass in person from a participating Federal recreation site or office. See Site Locations that issue the Senior Pass .
You can buy a Senior Pass via mail order from USGS. Mail-order applicants must submit a completed application, proof of residency and age, the $90.00 . Once the application package is received the documentation will be verified and a pass, with the pass owner’s name pre-printed on it, will be issued to the applicant.
2. What is the Senior Pass?
A $80.00 lifetime pass that provides access to more than 2,000 recreation sites managed by five Federal agencies, with up to 100% of the proceeds being used to improve and enhance visitor recreation services.
For Seniors on a fixed budget the Department of Interior has created a Senior Annual Pass. The cost for the pass is $ 20.00 and it is good for one year from the date of purchase in all Federal Recreation Areas.
At many sites the Senior Pass provides the pass owner a discount on Expanded Amenity Fees .
Recommended Reading: Free Camping Near Rochester Ny
What Kind Of Trails Are There Are Louisiana State Parks Sites
Most sites have “multi-use” trails, meaning they are suitable for hiking, biking or just strolling along enjoying nature.
For the serious trail/mountain biking enthusiast, we usually recommend the bike trails at Chicot State Park near Ville Platte, which has 22 miles of trails . Lake Claiborne State Park and Lake D’Arbonne State Park, in the northern part of the state, also have bike trails available their hilly terrain would also be enjoyed by serious mountain bikers. Fontainebleau and Fairview-Riverside State Parks, located on the north shore of Lake Ponchartrain, are close to the Tammany Trace, a 31-mile “rails to trails” conversion that goes from Slidell to Abita Springs.
How Far In Advance Can I Make A Reservation
Reservations can be made 13 months to the day of arrival, in advance ONLINE or by calling the reservation center at 833-609-0686.
The Reservation Center is closed Saturdays, Sundays and all State holidays. Since reservations cannot be made more than 13 months to the day in advance, then you would need to wait until the next business day to make those reservations through the Reservation Center.
Also Check: Camping Near Sol Duc Hot Springs
What Is The National Parks Senior Pass
The National Parks Senior Pass is version of the American the Beautiful Pass created specifically for senior citizens in order to allow them access to the national parks at a discounted rate.
It offers a discounted membership rate that can be purchased on a lifetime basis for on an annual basis for a lower cost. That means that when you visit parks like Yellowstone National Park, youll be able to save money or eventually get in for free!
Tip: Use the free app WalletFlo to help you travel the world for free by finding the best travel credit cards and promotions!
Where Are You Going
First, determine whether or not the site you plan to visit requires a fee. You can navigate to the site you plan to visit using the interactive visitor map. The map will help you determine where you want to go and will lead to you the Forest website, which will tell you whether or not the site has a fee. If you are uncertain, you should contact the national forest you plan to visit for more information.
You May Like: Memory Foam Camping Mattress Costco
The Happy Camper Club
The Happy Camper Club provides a variety of discount offers to RVers and campers exploring the open road. Members have the option to stay at hundreds of RV parks with full hookups at half the cost. There are no contracts or point systems required. The cost is only $39.99 per year. Each park associated with Happy Camper is individually owned and operated and is on a first come, first-served basis. As always, plan your trip ahead of time by calling early to verify the RV parks have room and are still part of the program. If anyone comes across a park that does not have the happy camper program, the Happy Camper company will pay the member $25 for each referral they submit to become part of the Happy Camper family. Tent campers can also take advantage of the Happy Camper membership as well. The benefits to becoming a member is priceless. Members receive a free online camping guide, long term discounts at the RV parks, and a collection of ebooks for the road, a value of $80!
How To Get An America The Beautiful Senior Pass
The America the Beautiful Senior Pass is sold at all National Park entrances, national monuments, many National Forest ranger stations, Bureau of Land Management field and district officers, and numerous other places. And you can purchase it ONLINE right here.
As soon as you turn 62, just show up with documentation that youre either a US citizen or permanent resident and that youre 62.
Pay the fee , and youre literally set for life. Since the replacement charge is the same as a new card, the procedure is just to get another one if you lose yours.
Don’t Miss: Tent Camping On The Beach In Galveston
Can I Replace My National Parks Senior Pass
If you lose your National Parks Senior Pass or it gets stolen there is no way for you to purchase another pass.
However, if the pass is damaged, it can be replaced as long as a portion of the pass is identifiable and you show proper identification.
The replacement will be subject to a $10 replacement processing fee.
What Is The Access Pass
You should note that there is also a special pass to United States citizens or permanent residents, regardless of age, that have a permanent disability. This is called the access pass and will allow you to have free entry into the parks.
There is no cost for this pass but you will need to provide documentation that you have a permanent disability, which could include:
- A statement signed by a licensed physician attesting that you have a permanent physical, mental, or sensory impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, and stating the nature of the impairment OR
- A document issued by a Federal agency, such as the U.S. Department of Veterans Administration, which attests that you have been medically determined to be eligible to receive Federal benefits as a result of blindness or permanent disability. Other acceptable Federal agency documents include proof of receipt of Social Security Disability Income or Supplemental Security Income OR
- A document issued by a State agency such as a vocational rehabilitation agency, which attests that you have been medically determined to be eligible to receive vocational rehabilitation agency benefits or services as a result of medically determined blindness or permanent disability. Showing a State motor vehicle department disability sticker, license plate or hang tag is not acceptable documentation.
Here is the application form.
Read Also: Free Camping Near Cannon Beach
Which Pass Do I Need
To make the best choice on which pass to purchase, you need to know a bit about your recreation plans for the next year. Your best value may be a single-day pass. Or if youre a frequent visitor to one or more sites, a multi-day pass or annual pass that covers a forest or region may be the best buy. Forest Service regions offer more localized passes and you can find information about those on the respective forest and grassland websites.
An Interagency Annual Pass may be your best value if you plan to visit many different federal lands across the nation that include lands managed by other federal agencies. You may also qualify for the Interagency Senior passes or Interagency Access Pass. Below is a list of all the available Interagency Passes.
The Every Kid Outdoors Pass gives fourth graders free access to 2,000-plus federal land and water sites. More detailed information about the pass is available on the kid-friendly Every Kid site
Where Are You Going Next
At the top of every RVers bucket list, it is a place so majestic, so wild, and so big that it calls us to return, to explore, to get to know the diversity of its land and animals over and over again.
Everywhere you look are waterfalls, fast-moving rivers, geysers, sheer rock faces, towering lodgepole pines, all framed by mountains under the bright blue cloudless sky.
Its spectacular for those who love the wilderness and getting up close and personal with it. Enjoy Yellowstone for RV travel.
Don’t Miss: Lake Perris Camping Phone Number
When Can The Annual Senior Pass Be Exchanged For A Lifetime Senior Pass
Save your passes, even if they are expired! The physical cards for the Annual Senior Passes may be exchanged in person at any time for a Lifetime Senior Pass at the following exchange rates:
1 Annual Senior Pass card plus $60 for Senior Lifetime Pass
2 Annual Senior Pass cards plus $40 for Senior Lifetime Pass
3 Annual Senior Pass cards plus $20 for Senior Lifetime Pass
4 Annual Senior Pass cards plus $0 for Senior Lifetime Pass
America The Beautiful Senior Pass
The Corps of Engineers accepts the Golden Age and Golden Access passports and the America the Beautiful Senior and Access passes as valid for discounts for camping fees. No other documentation will be accepted as proof of age or disability for the purpose of receiving discounts at Corps of Engineers parks.
As of January 1, 2007 the Corps is no longer issuing any Golden Age or Golden Access passports. Existing passports may still be used until they are lost, defaced or stolen. Replacements will be the America the Beautiful passes. These can be obtained from a participating federal agency .
All passes can be purchased online through www.recreation.gov or by visiting https://store.usgs.gov/recreational-passes, with the exception of the Access Pass. The Access Pass can be picked up in person Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:15pm exluding federal holidays.
for more information on the America the Beautiful Interagency Pass Program.
Read Also: Free Camping Blue Ridge Parkway
Every Kid In A Park 4th Grade Pass
- Available to U.S. 4th Graders . Educators can also be involved! Learn more at the Every Kid in a Parkwebsite.
- The pass is valid for the duration of the 4th grade school year through the following summer .
- Must have a paper voucher printed from the Every Kid in a Parkwebsite. Digital versions of the voucher will not be accepted.
- Covers entrance to U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and National Park Service sites that charge Entrance Fees, and Standard Amenity Fees at Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation and US Army Corps of Engineers sites.
- Admits the pass owner and any accompanying passengers in a private non-commercial vehicle at a per vehicle fee area, or the pass owner and up to 3 adults at sites that charge per person.
- Annual Pass awarded to volunteers who contribute 250 or more hours.
- Valid for entrance fees and standard amenity recreation day use fees for all Federal recreational lands and waters and USACE.
What Is The Senior Pass
The $80.00 lifetime and $20 Annual Senior Passes provide admittance to more than 2,000 recreation sites managed by six Federal agencies, with up to 100% of the proceeds being used to improve and enhance visitor recreation services.
At many sites the Senior Pass provides the pass owner a discount on Expanded Amenity Fees .
You May Like: Best Places For Family Camping
Family Motor Coach Association
The Family Motor Coach Association is the worlds largest member-owned, non-profit, RV travel club. It has over 150,000 members and the national headquarters is located in Cincinnati, Ohio. FMCA, for short, provides many discounts to both seniors and families who own either motorized RVs or towable RV types. There is no specific senior discount offered when becoming a member however, the FMCA does offer senior living resources, members-only discounts at certain stores, and a free subscription to Family RVing, the FMCA magazine.. They even have RV rallies and events throughout the year. Partnered with KOA and Passport America, the FMCA family offers many RV travel services, shopping discounts, and roadside assistance to all its members. The cost is only $85 for the first year and $75 thereafter. However, members do have the option to pay for two years at $160 or $225 for a three year membership. Although they are family-oriented, the membership extends to business owners specializing in the RV industry.
There Are Some Exceptions
The only fly in the ointment are concessionaires private companies that contract with the Federal government to manage campgrounds in national parks and forests.
They arent required to accept the pass for a 50% discount, although there are many who do. Each concessionaire has a separate agreement for the National Parks Service. Its just bad business not to honor this pass, so almost all the concessionaires weve encountered do so.
If the campsite has improvements water and/or electric hookups expect to pay full price for the improvements, and get 50% off the basic campground fee only.
Most Federal campgrounds dont have hookups, though, so if you have solar or just like to boondock, an America the Beautiful Senior Pass will come in handy.
Theres just no downside to getting this card. Even if you dont camp at all, youll be able to drive through national parks without getting gouged for an entrance fee.
This has to be one of the best values out there in the RV world.
Texas State Parks Pass
The Texas State Parks Pass is good for one year and includes:
- Unlimited free entry to 89 state parks for you and your guests
- Discounts on camping , park store purchases and equipment rentals
- Other special offers.
A Texas State Parks Pass costs $70 and is issued to one person . You can buy a second pass for someone who lives at the same address as you for $25.
You cannot purchase a pass for someone else. If you want to give a pass to another person, please purchase a gift card instead.
For more information, read Texas State Parks Pass Details.
Buy a Texas State Park Pass on our reservation website or at any state park, or call 389-8900 to order a pass . Secondary passes can only be purchased at a park.
How Do You Qualify For The National Parks Senior Pass
The National Parks Senior Pass is available for: U.S. citizens or permanent residents age 62 or over.
Keep in mind that applicants must provide documentation of age and residency or citizenship.
Documentation that may be required includes:
- A U.S. State or Territory issued Drivers License
- Identification or Birth Certificate
- A U.S. Passport or Passport Card
- A Permanent Resident Card
Read Also: Cheap Tent Camping In Florida
Is There A National Parks Pass For Veterans
Unfortunately, there is not currently a special national parks pass for veterans.
However, there is a special pass for current US military members and their dependents in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard, as well as most members of the US Reserves and National Guard.
In order to obtain that pass, proper military ID is required . You can read more about the national parks pas for military members here.