Rv Rentals In San Francisco
Class C 21-28
Class A 32 With Slide Sunshine Economy
RV Model 41-AS32E
Class C 25 Economy Sunshine
RV Model 41-C25E
Class C 28 Sunshine Economy
RV Model 41-C28E
Class C 25 With Slide Sunshine
RV Model 41-CS25E
Class C 30 With Slide Sunshine Economy
RV Model 41-CS30E
Class B 21 Touring Coach
RV Model Best Time B21
- 0 miles/night included
Class C 23 Minnie Winnie
RV Model Best Time C23
- 0 miles/night included
Class A 34 With Slide
RV Model El Monte A34
- 0 miles/night included
Class A 35 With Slide
RV Model El Monte A35
- 0 miles/night included
RV Model El Monte C22
- 0 miles/night included
RV Model El Monte C25
- 0 miles/night included
RV Model El Monte C28
- 0 miles/night included
Class C 31 With Slide
RV Model El Monte C31
- 0 miles/night included
Sierra Camper Van Roof Tent Optional
RV Model Lost Van
Class A 32 with slideout
RV Model Roadbear A32S
Class C 19 22, no Slide
RV Model Roadbear C22
Class C 23 to 26, no Slide
RV Model Roadbear C26
Class C 27-30 with slideout
RV Model Roadbear C30S
Camping Gear Included With Every Rental
- Similar to our Sierra class vans but these cheap campers have a few less features and higher miles on clock still in good shape & well maintained. Great for laid back travels around California and bordering states
- Fantastic campervans to drive and incredibly comfortable to sleep in
- Bed folds away allowing space for set up of an interior table with use of the rear bench for seating
- A simple set up with no sink or water storage
- Comes complete with cooking and outdoor dining kit stove, outdoor picnic table and chairs, full dish kit, ice cooler and full linens
- Min of 2 x 12 volt outlets
- Stereo w/ CD player all with MP3 plug
- No advertising!
- Plus we have additional camping equipment to rent to make your trip more comfortable and fun.
Boho Camper Vans Rentals
Rental Locations: Phoenix, AZ
Boho Camper Vans has a 7-van fleet of late-90s/early 2000s Ford vans, each designed with their unique boho flare. These camper vans are equipped with running water, an outdoor shower, stove, privacy curtains, bedding, cookware, camping chairs, and a portable cooler. Just minutes away from the Phoenix airport, you can live your boho dreams for around $159/day.
Read Also: Camping World Rv Sales Tampa
Get The Best From Your San Francisco Motorhome Rental
The city of San Francisco has so much to offer. Its a diverse and exciting urban center, a scenic hotspot between bay and ocean, home to the iconic Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz island prison, a tech hub, and located in the middle of a region full of things to do and places to see. For a relatively small peninsula, it packs a pretty big punch.
Best Campgrounds & Rv Parks Near San Francisco
Surrounding by verdant hills, towering redwood forests and amazing beaches, San Francisco has no lack of camping options. From primitive state park campsites to all-amenities-available RV parks, you will find plenty of choices to camp in the Bay Area.
Because you are reading this, we assume you will, most likely, be renting an RV or campervan in San Francisco. So, we have selected some of the best RV parks and campgrounds around the city. You can use them as a first stop on your way out of the city or as a base when visiting San Francisco. Check them out below.
Don’t Miss: How To Plan A Camping Trip
San Francisco Camper Rental Locations
There are RV rental depots for various suppliers placed around the many neighborhoods of this city that’s home for the San Francisco Giants. This makes it easy to get your campervan adventure started. Fly in and drive away with your RV rental, or get accustomed to the city before picking up your wheels and hitting the road.
Compare Usa Rv Rental And Campervan Hire Rates In San Francisco And Book Online
The centre of transportation, commerce and entertainment in Northern California, San Francisco is one of the best placesif not the best placeto rent an RV and explore this spectacular corner of the USA. With a San Francisco motorhome rental, youre free to roam as your please.
Several of Americas greatest national parks are within easy reach from San Francisco, including such iconic ones as Yosemite, Sequoia and Redwood. Alternatively, you can also enjoy some breathtaking coastal scenery on your Northern California RV road trip, as you will be near the cliffs and beaches of Big Sur. The world-class wineries of the Napa Valley are also a popular destination among RV renters.
With the Golden Gate Bridge, the Six Sisters of Alamo Square, and the hippies of Haight-Ashbury San Francisco, California is one of the most recognizable cities of the United States. Given the citys hilly geography and reputation for walkability you would get more mileage if you combine walking with San Francisco motorhome rental, campervan hire or RV rental in San Francisco.
International operators Apollo RV and Jucy Campervan Rentals as well as national operators Cruise America, Moturis, Road Bear RV and El Monte RV have offices just outside of the city, within 20 miles of the airport. Book your rent a motorhome in San Francisco online to obtain the best deal on RV rentals in San Francisco.
You May Like: Camping Near Lake Wales Fl
Is Free Camping Allowed In California
As in the rest of America, free camping is only allowed in designated areas, which can include national parks, state parks, truck stops or rest stops as well as certain parking lots with permission from the store manager.
California is home to numerous RV parks and campgrounds, ranging from $3560 per night. These are suitable for all vehicle types, from travel trailers to larger recreational vehicles.
Popular State Parks Near San Francisco California
Half Moon Bay State Park is just off Highway One, with four small beaches stretching south from Montara Mountain. This rugged coastline is perfect for fishing, swimming, surfing, and camping. The visitor’s center features exhibits and information about the history and culture of the area.
Mount Diablo State Park sits in the San Francisco Bay Area to the east of Walnut Creek, and it’s perfect for hikers, cyclists, campers, and equestrians. More than 50 picnic sites have picnic tables and barbeque stoves for your convenience.
Portola Redwoods State Park features 18 miles of well-maintained hiking trails ranging from easy to strenuous. The main road leading to the 2,800-acre park goes along a ridge top that plunges into a deeply shaded redwood forest. Equestrians and cyclists can enjoy riding on the Old Haul Service Road.
Recommended Reading: Free Tent Camping In Texas
Popular Poi Activities Near San Francisco California
The Living Roof at California Academy of Science Take a tour and explore the secrets of the world’s greenest museums under the Living Roof or plan an overnight stay at one of their iconic exhibits.
Fisherman’s Wharf Visitors can enjoy indoor and outdoor dining, bay cruises, museums, shopping, and other family fun attractions.
Haight-Ashbury Walk the streets of San Francisco to view Victorian houses, restaurants, boutiques, and dive bars.
The Pricing In This Guide
In this guide, we list the base price, and to help give you more transparency on pricing across the board, we researched quotes for each camper van rental company for a week, both in the high season and the low season . The quotes are for one week and include:
- at least 100 miles per day
- camping chairs
The quotes do not include taxes or any additional insurance, but we do list insurance details as well. Again, keep in mind that the best pricing really depends on your trip, so check out the pricing situation, but also consider what type of vehicle best suits you and the experience youre looking for. And remember the pricing will vary widely depending on the season so this is just to give you an idea of rates.
Another thing to consider is that some companies allow one-way trips and some dont. And again, everyone has different pricing for one-way trips as well. At the end of the day, have fun with it and choose the camper van you feel will be the best for your taste and trip.
Heres the lowdown on the 7 best camper van rentals in California. Youre sure to find a wonderful camper van to have an incredible road trip to remember!
Read Also: Best Tent Camping In Florida
Adventure Travel Sports Rentals
Rental Locations: Laguna Niguel CA, Las Vegas NV, Denver CO
Based out of Denver, Colorado, Adventure Travel Sports Rentals have the ultimate adventure rigs. Their slogan is, RVs are for sightseeing, rigs are for adventure, so if thats what youre seeking youll want to check out their rental fleet. They rent truck campers, SUVs, Winnebagos, and Sportsmobiles all set up for 4×4 offroad adventures. Each rig comes with a variety of items, like cookware, sleeping bags, and a stove, with additional items available for rent. And, theyre 4-season ready with AC and heat. Depending on the vehicle and the length of your trip, daily rates are between $150-350 and include 150 miles/day. Certain rentals are only available in a specific location, so be sure to check their inventory to find the rig and location that works for your road trip.
Wanderer Class Cheap Campervan Rental Camping Gear Included
WANDERER CLASS TRAVEL VAN
DODGE GRAND CARAVAN AND CHRYSLER TOWN & COUNTRY 2008-2012 | SLEEPS 2 PEOPLE | SEE FURTHER SPECIFICATIONS BELOW
- A road savvy travel van with a basic set up and backpacker-friendly rates! It offers a convenient way to travel & explore with everything you need to be comfortable.
- You can arrange to pick up your budget campervan rental from San Francisco and Los Angeles Lost Campers depots and return it to either depot if there is availability, at the conclusion of your holiday. Please check the camping car rental Terms for more information prior to making a booking.
*Please note that Wanderer Vans are not permitted to travel into Canada.
Our Wanderer Class is our most basic sleepervan. Totally discreet with no signs, these vans are perfectly suited for backpackers. Although they are the oldest hire campers in our fleet, these vehicles are frequently serviced, very clean and well maintained! Dont let the higher miles on the clock or the odd scratch and some minor wear and tear fool you, most often many vehicle parts have been replaced and upgraded. These vans are strong players.
We are replicating the true backpacker style, cheap campervan that you can find in places like Australia and New Zealand but after seeing some on offer there, we must be cheeky and say ours are in better condition and perfectly ready for your awesome, west coast USA adventure.
Don’t Miss: Camping Within Two Hours Of Me
Explore San Francisco By Motorhome
Rent a camping car, van, campervan or a motorhome in San Francisco with CampingCar-Online/Ramble Campervans. We offer standard and luxury vehicles. Our US specialists will guide you step by step through the motorhome rental process in San Francisco.
CampingCar-Online/Ramble Campervans can offer you the best value for money for your rental motorhome in San Francisco. We can help you choose a motorhome to explore the best of California departing from San Francisco.
San Francisco lies on the Pacific coast and has over 800 000 inhabitants. Enjoy visitng the famous Victorian houses on Alamo Square and Lombard Street. The city is also home to the legendary Golden Gate Brigde that you can cross on foot, bike or in your motorhome. We also recommend Fisherman’s Wharf, with its lively restaurants, museums, leisure activities, seals and sea lions on the dock and stunning views of Alcatraz. Take a tour of Alcatraz, a renowned former federal prison and admire the views over San Francisco Bay.
San Francisco is an excellent starting point if you want to explore the “wine country” known for Napa and Sonoma Valleys. You can also take the famous Pacific Cost Highway to Los Angeles, passing through Santa Cruz, Big Sur and Hearst Castle. In your motorhome you can explore Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon and the Grand Canyon National Parks via Los Angeles or Las Vegas.
Lost Camper Van Rentals
Rental Locations: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Salt Lake City
Lost Camper is all about comfort and affordability, and theyre known for having the comfiest beds. All their campervan rentals include unlimited miles in their daily rates, as well as bedding, kitchen kits, and basic camping equipment like a table and chairs. Most of their vans have sinks and awnings and all have an inside double bed, dining table, privacy curtains, and a cooler at minimum . They currently offer five different types of vans, starting at $35/day with rates varying by model, length of rental, and season. Lost Camper doesnt use any bright colors or wild paint jobs, so if youre looking for something that wont stand out this is a good bet.
Recommended Reading: Hiking And Camping Near Chicago
What Is A Travel Van
Travel Van is a converted Campervan that serves as a mobile lodging option for travelers to enjoy a new way of recreational traveling. It DOES not require a campground to survive like an RV. You dont need to haul your own car or rental car during your road trip. It is easy to park and drive like a large SUV in the city. It is easy to maintain and repair like a regular car rental. Not all auto repair shop accept RV rental. Travel Van is built for travelers, not RVers.
King Size Bed Provides True Comfort
The KING-SIZE BED is just in the back, Feel at the hotel while on the road, you have all the hospitality from what our van will offer, contact-free.
Extra-large LUGGAGE ROOM, a fully stocked kitchen, an inside bathroom with a cassette toilet, laundry basket, and table & chairs etc.
Privacy and Safety are our primary concerns for travelers, and we took great consideration during our design, assisted with great airflow and ventilation, instead of windows.
Enjoy your next road trip without sacrificing hotel comfort.
Differences than renting an RV, Trailers or other Campervans
NO CAMPGROUND or RV PARK reservation is required. How? The travel van is equipped with a powerful solar-powered system + a backup gasoline generator. No need to charge in a campground reserved charging spot or shore power source.
Save big on campground fees and commute times by booking our travel van today.
What Is Included When You Book Camper Rentals Near Me & You With Lost Campers Usa
Our budget travel van rental vehicles have absolutely no signs, advertising or crazy colors on them.
All sleeper van rental wagons come well equipped and include camping gear
- One very comfortable, full-size bed
- Fresh fitted sheet and pillowcases, pillows and cozy duvet comforter with cover
- Privacy curtains on all 4 sides of van and tinting on rear windows
- Some of the largest storage areas of any campervan in the US
- Small folding table & 2 camp chairs
- Great stereos, air-conditioning/heating when van engine is running
- Large ice chest cooler
- Full outdoor kitchen & cooking kit: Double burner portable propane stove , Large ice chest cooler, A dish kit with all the basics you need to cook and eat
- Check out our informative FAQ page for further details and instructional videos!
Things NOT included that you may want to bring along:
- Propane for the stove. Our stoves require the small, green canisters found at most grocery stores. They normally cost a few dollars each. One canister can last 3-4 days, cooking 2 meals per day, on average.
- Night time lighting. Be sure to bring along headlamps, flashlight or lanterns
- The dish kit does not include a kettle, coffee press or cutting board, pot lids are also not included, aluminium foil is a nice remedy if you need to cover a pot while cooking.
- Paper towels and a scrubbing brush
- Bath towels
Need camping car rental for an extended trip?
Recommended Reading: Hickory Run State Park Camping
Annual Events In San Francisco
- Pride parade: The biggest parade in the Bay Area, the Pride Parade is a celebration of love, freedom, and all things LGBTQ+. The festivities take place in June and feature a number of events across the city as well as the iconic parade itself.
- Chinese New Year: One of the biggest holidays in Asia, San Francisco celebrates the Chinese New Year all over the city but particularly in Chinatown. The exact date varies from year to year but the celebrations usually kick-off at the beginning of February.
- Cherry Blossom Festival: The annual Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival is held in April in San Franciscos Japantown. It hosts a grand parade, cultural performances, food broths, live bands, martial arts, and more traditional Japanese activities.
Camping In San Francisco
- The closest RV park to San Francisco, Marin Park is just 10 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge. $99 per night with a 10% tax for two people and $5 extra per person after that. Rates a subject to change during the holiday season.
- San Francisco RV Resort: Only 15 miles from the Golden Gate Bridge, Encores San Francisco RV Resorts great location speaks for itself. Pricing varies depending on your booking time but can be calculated on their website.
- Pillar Point RV Park: Situated a little out of the city, this little park is highly recommended for its ocean views and friendly staff. Oceanview sites start from $110 per night while the standard sites go from $80 per night.
Read Also: Best Rv Camping Oregon Coast
Best Rv Dump Stations Near San Francisco California
You will have no trouble finding dump stations in California. Many are in campgrounds and RV parks such as Bentleys Marina & RV Park and Sugar Barge Resort & Marina. Guests can use the dump station area for free at these resorts, but non-registered guests will have to pay a small fee. Half Moon Bay State Beach also has a dump station. The Elks Lodge is another great option to dump your RVs waste if you are a member or guest.